Thursday, December 20, 2007

I am happy

It was a great week here in Florida. Although the weather started out cool it became progressively warmer as it went on. On Tuesday I found out that I don't have osteoporosis yet, just osteopenia (its precursor). I have gone down a bunch of T-scores since 2 years ago when my bones were healthier than a young adult and I was on estrogen. Going off of it, really caused a big crash.
I had a wonderful hour long Skype session with the three Williams women that I adore on Wednesday. I followed that talk with a nice swim.
Today I played bridge and did well, went to a great Christmas party before hand at the club,and I got a new pair of Crocs that are really comfortable and cute. Mac and I got haircuts today too. I went swimming at 5:30 and the almost full moon was out, even though it was dusk, not dark and it was shining on the pool as I swam. This evening I watched 3 eplisodes of House on my computor. I have been giving in to the constant temptation of Christmas Goodies everywhere I go. I will have to get serious about a diet after the first of the year when things settle a little.
Tomorrow I am going to get the last two shots in my knees for my arthritis and maybe some cortisone in my elbow for a condition that isn't improving (I've had it since May.)
I shared with Shannon the five keys to a good vacation: 1: have some idea of what you are going to do when you get up each day, 2: be a lot more respectful of one another than usual as you will probably be living on top of each other, 3: try to do something new or different each day, 4: don't go off by yourself all of the time, but 5: try to include some alone time or space for each member of the party. I read these in the paper and they seemed like 5 good keys to living with another human being.
I am hoping to find a few woment who want to scrapbook with me on a regular basis here in the camp. I am setting up a meeting to see if I can find a kindred soul here somewhere. I think it would help me get a little more of my scrapping done, if I had a regular time to work on it. The club house would provide an excellent place to set up and work for a few hours. I hope it works out.

No comments: